Recent Thoughts

Friday, February 20, 2004

Rambling

Let me start off by a short recap of what I’ve done since… Wednesday. Hmm. Well, I stayed awake after I wrote that chapter, much like I’m doing now. I decided to stay awake for breakfast. Funny thing… I missed breakfast!

I was planning on going down with the others so I was going to wait till quarter to eleven for them. None of them were up till then so I went down… Turned out that breakfast time had ended at half past the hour. So I made do with what I had. I had been up for just a short time when “Artsie” called and asked whether I wanted to have breakfast… Sure, let’s go. While having breakfast, I think “Uber-bachi” was there too. Just greeted her and sat nearby. I think we were joined by “Banana Man” and “Hyper Dude’s” roommate, “Flubber”. Mind you, I had been up for around twenty-one hours then and was slightly listless. I think the rest of the day passed quickly. I went with “Artsie” and “Hyper Dude” to a shopping mall because “Hyper Dude” wanted to get a pair of jeans. I realised later that I liked how I was dressed. It was a bit off in style but I thought it was nice. Later at supper, “Uber-bachi” checked me out when I walked by. Then again, it was the first time she saw me in pants so I didn’t let it get to my head. For all the rats that have their minds in the sewers – by “in pants” I mean not in shorts. It does not mean that I always streaked around “Uber-bachi”.

Short side note: Being up for around thirty-five hours makes any seating place look comfortable. I was so relaxed no matter where I went and sat. After I went up, I listened to some music and thought about sleeping. My body was awake but sluggish. My mind was awake but there was nothing that my mind could do without my body. So I just thought and decided to try sleeping. Turned on some songs and lay down. Fell asleep after fifteen minutes. Woke up when my roommate came back. Solitary time was over. I enjoyed myself living alone. Doing whatever I wanted.

I woke up the next day quite late. Got a phone call from “Artsie” after a while that he was on his way back from some UN delegation work. He said he would drop by my room. I’ve got to say… Nice. He looked pretty good in the suit. Oh grow up! Stop giggling. I’m secure enough to compliment a guy if he looks good. However, for the heck of it – I like what “Hyper Dude’s” done to his hair. HAH! I say done to and not done with.

I’ve been meeting “Uber-bachi” quite often recently. She’s almost always there in the dining room when I have a meal. Breakfast or lunch. It’s quite interesting seeing how I’m still the only one who knows her. I doubt “Hyper Dude” will say much to her unless a few certain situations. But I’m not going to pick on him. So, to move on.

“Hyper Dude” sucks! Nah, I’m just messing. “May the force be with you, my idiotic bhai!”

I decided not to buy skates yet. My parents have given me the green light, but I want to try ice-skating once at least before I go ahead and buy skates.

On a more serious note (I need something to fill up space… I’m still on my first page): I realised that no matter how much I say I’m not curious, I’m very curious about something. Thanks go out to my mum for helping me realising this. Well, besides analysing other people, I’m pretty interested in knowing about life. I don’t care what who had for breakfast or what someone is writing secretively. I do want to know what’s in store for me in the future. I want to know the things that man can not answer. For example, which came first? The chicken or the egg? Well, the answer to that is… the egg. I’ll explain that if I get enough responses asking for one. Haha, now that’s got you (and me) wondering how many people actually read this stuff. Well, not enough would be my answer. I’ll be more specific if I get enough responses asking for one. Haha, now that’s got you…

I noticed that in my list of three funny buddies, I listed only girls. Even the fourth potential is a girl. Spending too much time with girls is I? Poo!

I still need to go take a shower. Nothing like a blistering cold shower that makes others cringe just at the mention of it. I think I can actually see ice vapours while I shower. Haha, to pick on “Hyper Dude” for a bit, he’s a bit afraid of cold showers.

My mum wants me to become a writer. She told me that a long time ago and she’s saying it again. She says that my chapters have done much to show my prowess in English. Either that or they show my skills at using the thesaurus. Well, I won’t say journalism isn’t appealing but I’m stuck in Engineering. A few side excursions where my mind is handed a pen won’t hurt though. That’s where my chapters come in. It’s me working on a painstakingly long biography so that when I’m famous, people will know exactly what I did.

People worry about me after reading my chapters. They say I think too much, I whine too much, I’m worrying about nothing. I say those people worry too much. I’m happy doing what I do. I’m “worrying” about topics that have not been answered. Instead of worrying about minor things, I’ve turned my attention to the bigger pictures. If I’m to be classified as a “Thinker”, I’ll be honoured and I’ll picture my naked self carved into stone sitting on a stump and ‘pondering’.

So to all those worriers, stop! At least I’m spending my free time usefully. Sure, I waste a lot of time doing other stuff, but whenever I take a break from studying and from wasting time, I think. I want to keep my mind active and if no books are around, a good personal debate is fun. No, it’s not the same as talking to myself. Or is it?

“Shh, you mustn’t talk like that. People will think you’re crazy.”
“Are you sure? Ok, let’s hush about this.”

The world’s problems were not solved by someone thinking about the normal problems that have been solved. Those tough problems were solved who would spend time musing over those problems. I do not see myself answering any of the topics I think about, but I do see myself spending many an hour understanding the topic.

Jeez, H is not a vowel so why does the stupid spell checker tell me to write “an hour” instead of “a hour” A E I O U! No where do I see an H!!!! DAMN YOU WORD!

I’m calm!

I feel another day-long sleepless stretch approaching. I can almost anticipate the comfortable feeling that I’ll get when I’m tired beyond my senses and I sit down somewhere. Of course, my muscles do feel a bit tight and lying down would help me feel better. To feel good now or later? Or to experience both? But it’s either OR, not AND.

I’ll see how it goes. Stay tuned to find out what happens.