Recent Thoughts

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Drowsiness

Argh Argh Argh! I feel like Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor. More on that later.

I can’t even recall what I’ve been up to since the 9th of March. I have vague memories of doing so much that my parents wouldn’t approve of. Haha, too bad I haven’t talked to them in such a long time. I almost miss them scolding me for my bad sleeping habits. So, if I don’t seem to make sense, it’s because I’ve been up for 32 hours now. Don’t worry parents! I’ll go to sleep at 11 PM and that’ll fix my sleeping schedule. Ha!

Well, the Samsung Cup started on the 12th of March at 11:30 PM. So the usual gang and a few more gather up and we settle down for an amazing match. Too bad we lost. Yet the night was amazing – We stayed up the whole night, watching the match, taunting the Indians and having a blast.

“OY HOY! LADDIES!”
“AWESOME!”
“LADDIES!”
“MINE?! MINE!? MINE?!”
“LADDIEEEEEEEEES!!!”

So with sore throats and heavy eyes, we went our own ways to sleep. “Artsie”, “Hyper Dude”, “The Lone Ranger” & I went off to have breakfast. “WAFFLES!?” Internet went down on Monday (if I remember). Came back up on Thursday. That was annoying. However, since I gave up MSN, I didn’t find myself as lost as the others did. They had so much free time on their hands.

Second match on Tuesday. Didn’t watch that since I had a bloody client meeting. Well, at least the client like my team’s design. Now we just need to build it. Seemed like a close match. We won. “AWESOME!”

Test on Wednesday. Bah! Test on Thursday! Boo! Cricket match at night. Another all-nighter. We won! “AWESOME!”

Saturday night! (Hehe, reminds me of the song by Whigfield). “Artsie” says that he’s going to Victoria College. I decide to join him. So we take the subway there and meet up with “Midas”, “Bandit” & her roomie. I don’t think “roomie” has a pseudonym yet so I’ll call her “Sam” like the others do. Had a lot of fun there. That’s the good thing about university social life. You’re having the time of your life and just don’t think having more fun is possible. Then a single night proves you wrong. What’s even better is that that special night keeps coming back again and again and again and again. “AWESOME!” “Yaaaaay” <- (I think “The Lone Ranger” knows what comes after the “Yaaaaay”)

So spent half the night at an all-girls residence and snuck out around 3:30 AM. I know that there’s no need for me to mention this but I just wanted to give my mum a fright. Wait till she hears what happens later.

Slept at 5 AM, woke up at 9 AM. Went down for breakfast with the rest at 12:30 AM. Guess what we had… “WAFFLES!” Did you guess correctly? “AWESOME!”

Ok, “Hyper Dude” wants to go back to sleep after breakfast. After all, we’re going to be up all night watching the fourth cricket match. We went back up at 2:00 PM. “Hyper Dude” wants us to call him in an hour when we’re going to the gym. We do that. He doesn’t show up. We go up to his room at 5 PM. He’s still sleeping!!!! I think he finally got up after that. At supper, I start pondering what a predicament I’m in. A test on Monday, staying up all night on Saturday – Sunday night and assembling my ESP’s design device, Sunday afternoon. Not to mention a Java program to write and a Calculus assignment to be done. None of which would be a problem if I skipped the match. No chance! What a night!! We lost, yeah yeah. Makes the next match more interesting but the time spent with my friends made up for all of it.

Bought a couple of girls breakfast today in the morning. Haha! I can almost picture my mum going “Hai Allah! Mera baita bighar giya. Kiya kiya us ne raat ko?” Nothing mummy.

Oh! I met “Artsie’s” parents and his brother before the match started. Haven’t seen them in around 8 years or so. His parents are still the same as I remember them. His brother changed as expected. University life does that to someone. However, his brother’s funny. It’s like having two “Artsies”. “AWESOME!”

Anyhow, “Artsie’s” gone with his parents as has “Banana Man” with his. I’m sure “Hyper Dude” & “The Lone Ranger” are still sleeping. I’ll call them in 45 minutes to wake them up for supper. So looks like this weekend is going to end quietly.

A special shoutout goes out to “Midas”. Her wit makes the evening very memorable. And thanks for the “special” brownies. A normal shoutout goes out to “Bandit” & “Sam”. They’re pretty charming. To “The Lone Ranger”, CALM DOWN DURING THE MATCHES! To “Hyper Dude”, stop sleeping during the matches. To “Artsie”, keep the narays going. To “Sam’s” “Frenchie”, “Go study French until you become 19!” Just kidding, yaar. I’m underage too.

Well, overall, the past week has been memorable.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention why I feel like Tim Taylor! Argh Argh Argh! Remember I mentioned that I was working on my ESP design? Well I assembled it today. Made a flight of custom stairs, which can have a variable degree of wobble in each step. That’s the boring part. The interesting part is sawing wood, using drills, hacksaws and hand saws on the wood. Gee! What does this warning sign say? “Do not use if under influence or if drowsy!”. Bah, I’ve only been up for 32 hours, I’m not drowsy. Give me that saw. Now, which edge goes into my group leader? Now I’m covered with sawdust. All over my new shirt and shoes. Who cares? I’ll just wear my shorts and chappals then. Oh! I've been wearing long-sleeve shirts for the past week and let me tell you! THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

I’m done! I’ve summarised everything. A nice two page long chapter. I can’t remember too many of the details. So a short blog. I can almost hear “Hyper Dude” saying “What? You didn’t write a short one! Your blog is still “blud-dee” long!” Aaaaaah SHUT UP! “WAH”

Now, I’m off to find ways to stay awake for 5 more hours.