Recent Thoughts

Friday, March 05, 2004

Nonsense

I haven’t got much to say. I decided to post a chapter that’s even less than a page.

I’m going to my aunt’s place later today. It’s not that I don’t want to go. It’ll be nice seeing her and my cousins again. However, I’m always swamped with work that can only be done here in residence. I’ve got a quiz on Monday, a midterm next Friday and I’ve got some stupid Java program to write and submit today. I like writing the programs and I get a sense of satisfaction when they work fine but I just don’t like how they keep getting more and more complex. Coming up with a way to solve the problem set forth is what I like and even typing out the program isn’t that bad. It’s just the problems themselves that I don’t like.

A couple of other reasons that tempt me to stay would be opportunities to hang around with the people on my floor and with my good friends. On Saturday, our floor has challenged the 15th floor to a foosball tournament and they want me to play. I won’t be here so that’s out of the question. On top of that, “Artsie”, “Midas” & a few others are going to the Royal Ontario Museum today. I wanted to go with them but since there’s some sort of special Egyptian dance today, I’m not going to even bother asking them to miss the dance just because of me. Of course, I doubt they’d change their plans anyhow. At least they’re not going skating this weekend. Hopefully, next weekend, plans will be made.

If I stay, it’ll also give me the chance to play some more Counter Strike with my friends. The last few times I’ve played, I’ve been racking up the kills. Even though we’re playing on some maps where the guns are just lying around, I prefer the proper levels where we need to use tact to beat the others. Of course, “Banana Man” and I are too good for the other four, so even without tact, we win most of the time. Sorry guys!

I noticed that I could mess around with the html coding of my blog site and that interested me so I spent close to an hour, seeing what different combinations of colours look good. I’m pretty happy with the current blend. Soon, I’ll put some on a scenic background and add some music. Haha, even though I told only Puff about my blog’s resurrection, “Artsie” found out the same day. He claims that he was bored and just decided to check all the blog sites including mine.

“Hyper Dude” still complains that my chapters are too long. Well, no one is forcing him to read them and I don’t even expect anyone to read them simply because they’re a friend. On top of that, he doesn’t need to read them in one sitting. IF you decide to read it, then just read a portion of it and leave the rest till later or never. How about you (“Hyper Dude”) stop complaining about how my “blogs are so blud-dee long!” and write your own?

“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do - Walter Bagehot”. That’s true. It’s not just proving people wrong and exceeding their expectations of your limits that this refers to but to laws as well. When people (especially parents) tell kids not to do something, the kids become more determined to do that thing. If someone tells me what I can and cannot do, I want to first tell that person that they do not have the right to tell me that and then I want to prove to them that I can do at least a few of the things that they thought were out of my grasp. Knowing myself, I would probably throw in a few jibs and insults while I’m telling them not to tell me what to do.

We finally filled out our application forms. “Artsie” & “Hyper Dude” are bunking together next year and they picked a room yesterday. I can already imagine the chaos. “The Lone Ranger” did his earlier today. Now I just need to get “Banana Man” and “The Cheshire Cat” to do theirs. Not to mention my roommate. I’m hoping to bunk with him again next year but he’s too lazy to fill it out… Ah typical Omar.

Side note: Tummy is a funny word. Hi Puff!

Why is this chapter so dull? I’ll spice it up a bit, hopefully.

Going back to “Artsie” & “Hyper Dude” being roommates; it’s like declaring the end of the world. We know it’s going to happen but we’re going to let it happen. “Artsie” complains about how his current roommate is so messy. Shame on you! I thought you had been to “Hyper Dude’s” room enough times to know “Hyper Dude’s” no better. On top of that, I’m glad I’m not within earshot of that room. The echoes of “Mine” will no doubt find their way to my room and pulse in my head. I can already picture myself performing a perfect arc as my body goes sailing out the window. Right after that, one of those two will think that it looked cool and want to try it out too. Initially, a fight will ensue in their room where they argue over who gets to dive out first. After that, they’ll realise what a stupid thing it would be to dive out. The glass would cut them and hurt as they go through it. So it would be better if they went to my room and dove out from there. The glass would have already been shattered so they wouldn’t have to worry about getting hurt like that. Right after that, one of those two (I’m sure they’ll figure out who), will wonder if any girl would be watching them so he should go and dress nicely, put on some cologne and take a running dive to impress her.

Oh! My contact on Mars has sent me an early edition of tomorrow morning’s newspaper “The Mars Post”. In case you’re wondering, we met over the Internet and I later found out that he lived on Mars and was the editor. A couple of articles were of interest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annoying human diplomat squishes three and jams probe up the arse of another.

Yesterday, the giant human representative that has the word “Opportunity” tattooed on its shiny body terrorised a small village just outside the suburban area of our planet’s capital, Aruna. As with the previous acts of terrorism, Opportunity (as the diplomat has become to be known) lumbered on paying no attention to our cries of pain and pleas of mercy. Several residents fled in terror as their homes were trampled. The government has called for an urgent meeting where they will decide whether this latest action was hostile. As more and more Martians raise their voices in protest of the last few decisions (all of which deemed the diplomat innocent), it is only a matter of time before the government will take aggressive action against the human representative.

Due to yesterday’s tragic events, three pour souls lost their lives as Opportunity rolled over them ruthlessly. Their names will be released once the immediate family has been informed. Another victim of the attack was Thor Butts, 28. He was sunbathing at the last remaining waterhole on Mars when Opportunity snuck up on him and jammed a probe through his rear end. After several minutes of excruciating pain where many electric jolts were sent through the probe, Mr. Butts was released and left lying in a pool of his own crud which he excreted under the intense pressure. Mr. Butts is currently at the hospital recovering from his injuries. He’s never going to be able to walk properly again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another unidentified flying object sighted and photographed.

As Mabalza Ritchie trudged through the desert, photographing the wildlife, he did not expect to become part of a growing group of people who have spotted dark objects hurtling in the sky. As scientists hasten to find an explanation to disprove any theories of extraterrestrial life (besides the Humans) that have sprung up.

Esteemed scientist, Colin Marines, claims that he procured a small portion of the UFO that broke off and survived the trip through the atmosphere. On a structural analysis of the material, he noticed that the material was extremely soft and gave off a rather pungent odour. Additionally, a scan of the chemicals present in the portion revealed large contents of CH4N2O As of yet, this material has not been known to exist naturally and no viable reason for its existence has been given. Further information will be given as it is learnt.

I was reading through an early edition of “Space & Mysteries”. It’s a journal which answers any reasonable questions presented by readers. One topic of interest was on how the astronauts disposed of their excretions. Apparently, it was decided that instead of bringing waste matter back to Earth where there’s no use for it nor room to store it, the waste matter is ejected into space. Generally, the crap is sent towards the sun where it burns up. However, every so often, the turds slingshot around Earth and speed off in the opposite direction. Due to gravitational pulls, our sister planet is the unfortunate receiver of these disposals. According to the journal, “Thank goodness the Red Planet is devoid of life”.

Anyhow, enough science. I’ve already gone into three pages. Now I’m going to have to listen to “Hyper Dude” whine about how it’s too long.

I need to do my laundry and then pack a change of clothes. Heh, I get to go to Brampton to teach my little cousin Algebra. This should be interesting. I’ll see what else I can do there. Haven’t been there since January 4th, which is the day I left after spending seventeen days in solitude in that place.

Alright, that’s it for this chapter. Just felt like passing along some science jargon. Ta!