Recent Thoughts

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Requital

It was an interesting weekend. I waded through mud, helped install a door and drove off in a white van with a Sikh leaving my aunt all worried. That was all in one day alone.

When I got back to Chestnut, I was not in much of a mood to call anyone and let them know that I had returned. “Hyper Dude” had called just two minutes before I walked through the door but I just felt that I had other things to do first. So I quickly showered, dressed fairly nicely (was in the mood to look (or try to look) good) and then did a whole bunch of laundry (Towels, bed sheets, blankets and clothes). Talked to “Puff” for a while. After that, I just hung around with a few people on my floor and went down to eat with my group of friends. “Midas” was over and stayed for supper. They were all talking about what they did over the weekend and it made me feel kind of left out. No, contrary to what they will probably be thinking right now, that was not why I was ‘dopey’.

“Midas” left after another half an hour. Not before she was happy with how “Artsie’s” bed was made and how neat his desk was. I should stop making my bed and cleaning my desk. Then I’ll invite her here! Psst, that’s not why I e-mailed you, “Midas”. I didn’t want to say in the e-mail nor do I want to say it here, so I’ll just leave it for now.

I was wondering about a certain choice that I could make. Is a choice that would either improve my friendship with someone vastly or completely shatter it, worth contemplating? So far, I’ve always stuck to not going down that lane. I guess friendships do mean something to me otherwise I would have done it a long time ago.

I’ve tried to lay off teasing “Hyper Dude” but he’s asked for it! The following few paragraphs are all addressed to him.

First things first! Dude… Word can correct all your typos. You can afford to take a few minutes out of your lazing around and just run the spellchecker. My blogs may be long enough to turn people off reading mine (MINE! MINE! MINE!), but your blogs just make it hard for people to read them.

You know how you asked, “Who the hell has the time to go through all of them?” Well, my answer would be “Someone who actually considers me a proper friend and tries to understand me.” Not someone who wants me to tell them “You’re the best”. However, in “Artsie’s” case, my answer would be “Someone who has free time.” (I’ll be mild with you here, “Artsie”)

I’m not “too strong for emotions” but I know better than to be moved by a movie. If something is going to touch me, it’ll be something more realistic and which concerns me. I guess I’m just not stirred by your shallowness.

Haha, you’re talking about other people taking a long time shopping? That’s like you giving advice on what the best hairstyle would be. Ok, “Artsie” tried defending you with the toque episode. “You need the best protection for your head”. Well, in my opinion, it’s too late for that. Your heads already been smacked around too much. Ok, say I let the toque and pair of gloves (I haven’t forgotten you were trying to shop too, “Artsie”) slide. What about the pair of jeans? That took an incredulous amount of time. What was the result? You returned those jeans after a few days!!! So if “Midas” took some time in just browsing around, why are you complaining? I’m sure it was no where close to the time you took and on top of that, consider the option that “Midas” might have been having fun spending time shopping and spending time with friends! Isn’t that something that you enjoy? What went wrong that day?

Side note: I thought you enjoyed going through long dark tunnels. “Escuzi Escuzi”

If you think that “a change in style is important”, I completely agree with you. You definitely need to change your style (And get rid of that necklace while you’re at it!). Your current one cramps our styles and really scares away all of the “Uber-bachis” I don’t care whether “Midas” called you a stud. (She was probably high on “ghaanspoose” at the time. Oh, not to deflate your ego too much, you can add two (possibly three) more people to your current list of three. My cousins think you are funny too. Even “Pikloo” said you tried hard and deserved a few laughs. So you can make that a total list of five or six.

Yes, I’ll “go cry”. I’ll cry for “Artsie” who has the misfortune of bunking with you next year. I hope they soundproof the rooms.

Oh, it’s not that we can’t see you while you sleep; it’s just that it’s such a gruesome sight that our minds block the image. That can be your super-duper ability.

On a more serious note, MOVE OUT! You’re being treated by “Blubber” just like Xena treated the guy in Eurotrip. Just say the word, damnit!

I’ll stop now. I didn’t have as much material as I thought. Of course, I could fall back on my old material. What do you say to that, Blueboy? Or are you going to try making fun of my MSN nicks again? That didn’t work out too well the last time, did it? May you go to Mexico, feel the wrath of Montezuma and spend eternity on a toilet seat.

Muchacha: “Te amo.”
Yo: “Lancé el gas.”

Words of wisdom: Not the best way to reply to the first line.

Sunday night, I talked to Sabbi. It was weird to know that she was going through the same mood swings I was. Made it kind of easier for us to try helping each other seeing how we knew what the other was going through. It’s not like we need to be in the same situation. Just by hearing the words of the other person, we can understand what the problem is. I’m glad I’ve got a cousin who I can easily talk to.

Since “Artsie” hogged all the brownies, I have to resort to eating cookies that I nick out of the cafeteria. Oh well, they’re pretty good too. Should have gotten a few rice cakes too. I can almost feel them sticking to my teeth.

“Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance in this life or the next”. “Artsie”, remember these words when you face me in Air Hockey!

A bloody busy week. Team meeting, weekly quiz, midterm, ten-page report and programming. I’m looking forward to Wednesday and to the weekend. Possibly going to sign up for archery, shooting and something else. What I’m most looking forward to is a reply to an e-mail that I sent out.