Recent Thoughts

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Confabulating

When I’m in the mood to chat to people, I’m so used to being silent that I don’t have anything to say to them. Even if I rack my brain, it’s hard for me to come up with stuff to say.

However, every so often, I have a conversation with that one person where everything flows. There’s never a break in the dialogue and even the farewells take their sweet time.

Here’s the good part. There are two people who play big roles in my life who I chat with often. Not once (at least to my recollection), have our banters stumbled or have we made idle chitchat for the heck of it. In “Puff’s” case, there’s always stuff we can discuss. She’s the person who gives me advice from an outsider’s point of view. I hope she doesn’t misconstrue my meaning when I said ‘outsider’. In Sabbi’s example, we can talk for hours about anything and even if that runs out, we talk about nothing. No matter what, our conversations are interesting and so light-hearted; every conversation with her has a smile plastered on my face.

I can only hope that everyone has at least one person like that. I’m lucky enough to have at least two.