Recent Thoughts

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Final Fantasy

Writing down your fantasies always makes them lose their charm. For the past hour, I’ve been listening to the Final Fantasy soundtracks and they’ve been making me yearn for a different life where all this was unnecessary. I want a life where I only need to deal with a single main goal. This sounds really dumb but if you’ve played any of the games, the life of the characters seem to be so focused. They are working towards one goal. What makes their lives even more tempting is the fact that their goal is the same as what I’ve talked about before… to help mankind. On paper, this fantasy seems so lame but what really appeals to me is that they are so free! They aren’t restricted by society.

Even their fights appeal to me. Just the same as in Gladiator (by the way, I’m listening to the Gladiator soundtrack now). To fight is an inner urge.

I’ve had the same desire rise up in me when I’ve watched a few Anime shows. When I see them traveling from place to place or sleeping under the stars, I wish I could have that too. Even before, I turned towards my window to stare at the city while listening to the music and felt as if I wanted to get away from here and be free. In my room, I am free from the world and I felt somewhat satiated. However, then I was required to get back to work and I’ve been struggling to recapture that moment.

Is it too much to ask when I ask society to just take it easy?