Recent Thoughts

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Giggidy!

I haven’t complained about anything in a while. Here’s something. Slow walkers! Especially those people who are seemingly oblivious to other people on the sidewalk. I admit I’m a fast walker and therefore often find myself trapped behind people. However, is it too much to ask that when people walk in groups, they pair off or something? Why must they walk abreast and block the whole sidewalk?? Or how about those people who are not only walking very slowly in front of you, but they are also slowly drifting! Drifting right into my path!! It’s so irritating! Ah, the best example. People who decide that they must stop in mid-stride without giving any warning. There I am, walking along and looking for my opportunity to overtake the people in front of me when they just brake! The number of dance moves that I’ve picked up just dodging them will surely make me a hit at a fuddy-duddy’s party! There are a lot of other cases too, actually. People who hold their umbrellas out at dangerous angles or people who don’t seem to notice that you’re right next to them and start moving in towards you! Jeez! I think it’s time that a license be required to walk on the sidewalk!

I find it amusing when my friends say to me ‘No man. We know you. We know you don’t go for that sort of thing’. It’s interesting learning what they know about me and what they expect me to do. I haven’t corrected any of them so far. I rather just let them think they’re right. It doesn’t matter to me whether they are right or not. I just find it nice that they bothered to get to know me.