Recent Thoughts

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Happiness

There came a time last year, where I couldn’t sleep if I hadn’t blogged. If I didn’t have access to my computer, I would either write it down on paper or I would just toss and turn and try to turn my attention elsewhere until I drifted off. My reliance on blogging had increased so much. At this time, I consider one reason for that was an attempt at getting people to notice me and for that, I always needed to come up with new material. Yet, I don’t really believe that. I just liked having stuff to think over in my mind.

Similar to this experience, a few years back, I couldn’t sleep if I didn’t spend a few minutes thinking of the good things I wanted in my life or in the world.

Over the summer, I changed a lot. It may not show much in my character but there are so many alterations that I really like. If I seem the same cold person I was last year, I would assume you’re mistaken. It’s still within me but there’s a different side of me that’s expanding itself over all borders. Ruthlessness is something I still cherish, simply because I consider it ‘cool’, but I’ve begun to save it for select occasions.

I no longer need the blogs to convey my thoughts. It’s more for personal use and now I use it much like a journal. I’m not going to write what I did in my day nor am I going to write what special things happened to me. I prefer to write about what I thought of the day and when I look back on these blogs, I’ll have guidelines to help me reminisce upon these days of my life.

The change over me during the summer is really quite remarkable and it came so quickly that I offered no resistance. I come back to what I’ve mentioned a few times already. Finding happiness in the simplest of things has become my greatest achievement thus far. For the sake of pointing it out: A general view is that happiness is not found. It surfaces when stimulated. Happiness is within you… Looking within you to find it isn’t feasible in my mind. It’s easier to bait it out. Like a mouse in a hole. What better way to do that than going out into the world and living life freely? When happiness takes over you by surprise, it’s even more potent. That is the appeal of living freely. You never know when happiness will come.

You’re all welcome to offer your opinions in this matter. Not everyone will agree with what I said. I’m interested in knowing what you have to say.