Recent Thoughts

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Pressed... For Time!

Ok, I don't really have much time since I've got a meeting in 20 minutes.

Chestnut's gotten better. I talked to Wayne and he said he expects it to be more organised. Even though I haven't been in the dining room yet, I saw it from the outside and they've added more seating room and more food counters... mmm... more food!! They've added tubelights above each desk in the room. They've added more baggage area outside the dining room and moved the swiping table there as well. Oh! Urban Cafe's got a jukebox, Mortal Kombat arcade game, two pool tables and the fussball table. I still expect that we'll have to pay for them...

My room's better now too. They got rid of the long flat dresser table and replaced it with a taller and narrower one. Opened up a lot of room. I took the window side this time. Don't worry, I doubt our messing around times will be affected.

Oh! I've been reading Dan Brown these days. He's a pretty good writer and he can keep you intrigued. I read two of his books (500 pages each) in two days... That's around 8 hours of reading! Then again, I didn't have much else to do. I definitely recommend reading his books. However, when I reached the ending of the second book, I was really disappointed. He made the NSA's top cryptographers look like idiots who didn't know high school chemistryand can't even break Caesar's Box Code!!! Now I know Americans are dumb and all but these people are supposed to be exceptions!

Overall, both his books were pretty good except for one main problem. Halfway through the suspense novel, you get the feeling that he's steering you towards one ending and that the actual ending is completely opposite. He's fingering one guy as the culprit but you get this hunch that the last person you would suspect is actually the culprit! Ah well, the second novel's ending turned me off on his books but I've got two more to read and one of them has been topping the best seller's list in various countries for months now!

Gotta go now! Toodles!