Recent Thoughts

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Fatigued

I’ve been kind of avoiding a friend of mine for some time since we had a difference of opinions. I’m in no mood to continue the argument simply because it’s pointless and it’s in the past. However, my friend wants to bring it up every time we talk so I’m just going to be the bigger person and go ‘yada yada yada’ whenever the topic arises. It’s kind of interesting trying to find ways to hide the fact that I’m endeavouring to avoid conversations with my friend by giving off the illusion that I’ve been making several failed attempts to start conversations. It’s worked so far, I think. Haven’t been able to talk to my friend to figure out whether or not it did.

I’ve been in study-mode for the past couple of days. I started off the week in bum-mode so I decided that I’ll get as much work done in one day so I can go back to bum-mode once I was done. Quick switch of gears and I ended up working all day for two days. Now I’m back to semi-bum mode but once I get back to work, I’ll probably step up the pace again.

The downside of spending all this time studying was that I’ve only been spending around an hour a day with my friends. To some, that’ll seem like a good thing but it gets kind of depressing. However, as long as I can keep working ahead, I think it’s the best thing to do. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time to spend with them in around… … 4 months. It’ll be reading week then, so I should be able to find time to mess around like the days of yesteryear. Ah! I just might be able to squeeze in a day or two in late November.

I’m kind of enjoying working now but there’s only how much I can do in a day before I feel drained. I want to follow my dad’s advice and do all my work during the day and find time to spend with my friends at night. Yet, in engineering, there’s always work that can be done. I need to figure out where to stop or whether I should even stop.

I haven’t been able to go to the gym in so long. I feel like I’m just wasting away. I haven’t been able to work on my website either. It needs a facelift!

Sigh, so much to do and so little time. I need a break. I only had one month to enjoy myself during the summer. I’m not going to crack and start falling behind on work but I’m just getting tired of only working. Even my weekends are being spent working. This coming weekend is not going to be any exception.

Time to get back to work.