Recent Thoughts

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Family

I passed by a man on the street
His head was hung low
His spirit seemed beat
Until his face began to glow
As his kid came to him
And his problems grew dim

Times like these make you think
Think of the people you left behind
The ones who share a blood link
The ones with whom you bind

The faces of my brothers came to mind
Like a torch shining in the night
Memories of all the good times
Even when we used to fight

My parents followed thereafter
Their scolding voice was heard
And then came their laughter
Sweeter than a song by a bird

Memories like these had faded
My mind had begun to change
And my judgement had become jaded
My actions had become strange

These are the people behind me
They are the source of my life
They are the ones who keep me happy
Until along shall come my wife