Recent Thoughts

Friday, January 21, 2005

Ode Recess

It struck me that I never actually talked about the wrestling event that I attended. It’s definitely something that I want to remember and I guess this would be a good way, seeing how it’ll help me recall the experience if I can read what I felt at the time.

The show itself was alright. Being there was an awesome experience though. Sure, I’ve been to a live event before but firstly it wasn’t televised like this one. Seeing myself appearing on the big screen repeatedly kind of lost its charm after a few minutes but it was still pretty cool knowing that I was getting air time. On a separate note, I looked pretty good on the telly. Definitely a good looker!!

The highlight of the night would probably be getting really close to a few of the wrestlers. Randy Orton and Chris Jericho!! Woo-hoo! Shook hands with the two of them. That was unbelievable. Took a lot of pictures but they didn’t come out as well as I hoped. Still, I remember a lot of what happened. Plus, if I get a recording of that episode, the memory will live on!

A friend of “Newbie”, who I won’t bother naming since I don’t know whether she’ll appear often in my works, was going through my song collection and she just happened to play a few choice songs that I use to listen to when I was in England.

I don’t really have that many memories related to listening to those songs except that I probably heard them when my family used to be out on our long drives. Just listening to those songs brings back strong feelings. No memories, just feelings of nostalgia of a time when there never seemed to be a care in the world. Ah, childhood! How you’ve passed me by so quickly. I couldn’t wait to grow up and now I wish I could relive my childhood. It just ended such a short time ago.

To be a kid again… haha, I’m saying that well before my time. Back to the poems!