Recent Thoughts

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Metamorphosis

I’ve definitely changed over the past few weeks and it hasn’t been for the good. Most of my principles have gone out the window because I just realised that they were either holding me back from having fun or were just useless to have around.

So, I’m more carefree than I was before but is that a good thing? Isn’t being careful an advantage so that you don’t make mistakes? Whatever, a life of drudgery and planned executions is not what I want anyway.

It’s amusing to see over the past few days how people have been making all these assumptions about who I am and making claims that they know what I’d do and what I won’t. They don’t know what I can do and what I can’t. I don’t know myself how far I’m willing to go.

I’m talking to “Newbie” over MSN and he’s convinced that it’s not me because I just won’t talk like the way I talked that day.

I’m talking to a cousin. “Tell me, you have known me since when?” I had to prove to him that it was really me.

Well, I guess it’s really a matter of not hiding who I really am anymore. When you lower the fake world that you’ve put up because of rules and principles, you emerge as a completely different person and I guess people will just have to learn to cope with that.

It’s not like it’s a bad thing… I can enjoy myself more now without worrying whether I’d be breaking my own rules or something. Along with the rules going out the window, a crack has formed for something else to come back and reunite with me. Emotions. I guess now that I’m not thinking about following my rules to a T, I can begin to enjoy being with friends, enjoy talking to people, be happy, sad, scared, excited and perhaps even love.

So yeah… I’m a different person in reality. Forget everything you thought you knew about me and then come talk to me. Perhaps you won’t like the new me and you’ll bugger off because I don’t need people like you around anyway. There are plenty of new people I can meet who will like who I really am.

Cynicism is a powerful thing. Use it wisely. Take everything with a pinch of salt and eventually, everything that comes your way will taste sweet.