Recent Thoughts

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Stupidity!

I was talking to “Punchoo” a couple of weeks ago and although it was unfortunate that we only managed to talk for a few minutes, she said something along the lines of “To me, you’ll always be the guy who walked through the school corridors wearing a box on your head”. I had completely forgotten about that! That thought just came back to me and it made me wonder what other stupid things I may have done. I’m having trouble with all of the ones that had some hilarity to them. I figured I’d list whatever came to mind at the moment for future reference.

  • Roamed school corridors wearing a box on my head
  • Placed a yellow panda-mouse umbrella on my Student Life Coordinator’s chair and pretended to talk to it while he stood behind me
  • Played catch with a sharp-edged piece of plastic. Still got the scar from that one

  • Took a few jumps sitting on the frame bar of a cycle. Explains my voice
  • Gave my Calculus professor a standing ovation as he entered the class
  • Woken up really early to give wake-up calls and then gone back to sleep

  • Woken up really early to help someone out and gone back to sleep upon return

  • Shoulder-tackled a car door for two minutes hoping to break it off

  • Fought over steaming fish fingers. Still got the scar from that one
  • Allowed the auto recoil from a vacuum cleaner’s power cable to deflect off my leg. Still got the scar from that one
  • Punched a wall
  • Dove through a fountain of water in sub-zero temperatures and then went to eat a shawerma
  • Placed a whoopee-cushion on my English teacher’s chair
  • Sampled evil concoctions made from mixing all leftover food on a table
  • Jabbed a pin into my brother after watching Tom & Jerry
  • Told some of the lamest jokes in the history of mankind! “You won’t be walking to school on Saturday!”
  • Filled a box of cigarettes with water to prevent anyone from smoking them. Actually, that was smart!
  • Played tag with an excited Alsatian. Loudest scream of fear ever!
  • Cheered for the opposing team in a bar full of rabid fans!
  • Smashed my G-Shock into a wall to test its durability. Display’s gone but the watch still works! Alarm still beeps at 12:15 PM daily – even 6 years later!
  • Tried to convince (successfully) a British air stewardess that my English accent was genuine


    There are still so many things left to do! The one that’s foremost on my mind is to wear a balaclava, carefully carry a box in front of security, accidentally drop it and dive for cover screaming “Oh crud! It’s going to blow!” or try to run out of the building and crash into the door pretending to be knocked out. I just need to find my partners in crime!

  •